After Dark is one of the most popular whisky brands in Punjab and all over India. It’s known for its rich taste and smooth finish. In this article, we will look at the latest After Dark whisky price list in Punjab for 2023.
An Overview of After-Dark Whisky
After Dark is an Indian whisky, manufactured and marketed by Radico Khaitan Limited. It was launched in the late 2000s as a premium whisky brand in India.
Some key things to know about After Dark whisky:
- It is made from Indian malted barley and matured in oak barrels. This gives it a smooth taste with hints of vanilla, butterscotch, and warm spice.
- After Dark is available in different variants based on aging – After Dark Black, After Dark Triple Distilled, After Dark Select Cask, etc. The longer it is aged, the more premium the variant is.
- In terms of taste profile, After Dark has well-balanced sweet and woody notes. It is regarded as an easy-drinking whisky compared to richer, more complex Scotch whiskies.
- After Dark Whiskies have received many awards and accolades at international spirits competitions. This demonstrates the quality and fine taste of the brand.
- It is marketed as a modern, premium whisky meant for parties, cocktails, and celebrating special occasions. After Dark is especially popular among younger drinkers.
So in summary, After Dark is a quality Indian whisky brand known for its smooth taste, elegant packaging, and smart branding. It has become a status symbol for many consumers in Punjab and other parts of North India.
After Dark Whisky Price in Punjab 2023
Here is an overview of the latest After Dark whisky price list in Punjab for 2023:
|After Dark Black
|After Dark Black
|After Dark Triple Distilled
|After Dark Triple Distilled
|After Dark Select Cask
|After Dark Select Cask Aged 12 Years
The prices can vary slightly across different shops and locations in Punjab. Here are some more details on the price range:
- After Dark Black: This is the standard and most affordable variant. A 750ml bottle costs around Rs. 700-750 in most shops. The 375ml bottle comes for approx. Rs. 380-400.
- After Dark Triple Distilled: This premium variant costs around Rs. 850-900 for a 750ml bottle. The 375ml packs are priced at Rs. 420-450.
- After Dark Select Cask: This super premium aged whisky is the most expensive After Dark variant in Punjab. A 750ml bottle costs approximately Rs. 1,300-1,400.
- After Dark Select Cask Aged 12 Years: This limited-release, 12-year-old whisky is the most premium expression from After Dark. It is priced at around Rs. 1,850-2,000 in Punjab.
As you go for the more premium variants like Select Cask and 12-Year-Old, the prices are higher. Taxes and local market factors also result in slight variations in prices across different parts of the state.
Price Trends in 2023
The After Dark whisky prices in Punjab have remained largely stable over the past year. No major price hikes have been observed even with rising inflation.
Here are some expectations on After Dark price trends in Punjab in 2023:
- No major hikes expected: As After Dark is produced in India, it is shielded from major supply chain issues and currency fluctuations. This will help keep prices stable.
- Slight increase possible: There are speculations of a 5-10% price increase due to rising input costs like grain prices and packaging expenses. But no drastic hikes.
- Discounts during the festive season: Brands usually offer discounts and deals during major festivals like Diwali. Consumers can expect some good offers this year as well.
- Premium variants get pricier: The aged and special edition variants like 12-Year Old and Select Cask releases are likely to see a price hike owing to increasing demand.
- TTax policy changes: Any changes in excise duties or local taxes could affect liquor prices including that of After Dark. But no changes are currently proposed.
So in summary, while premium segments may see some price rise, standard After Dark variants are expected to remain affordably priced in Punjab even in 2023.
Factors Affecting After-Dark Whisky Prices
Some of the key factors that influence the pricing of After Dark whisky in Punjab are:
- Raw material and aging costs: The cost of malted barley and aging whisky in oak barrels for years impacts the production cost. This is a key input price factor.
- Brand positioning: After Dark positions itself as an aspirational premium whisky brand. This allows it to command better pricing power compared to mass-market brands.
- Market dynamics: The competitive landscape, consumer demand, festivals & seasons impact whisky pricing strategy. After Dark prices its variants based on market trends.
- Distribution costs: Logistics, warehousing, and retailer commissions add to the supply chain costs which affect retail prices. After Dark has a large distribution network which adds to costs.
- Taxes: Import duties, excise, GST, and local taxes imposed on alcohol increase liquor prices. On average, taxes account for 60% of the retail price.
- Production volume: Lower production quantities tend to increase the per-unit costs. This affects ultra-premium small-batch releases more.
Hence, an interplay of all these factors impacts the retail price shoppers pay for various After Dark whisky variants in Punjab. Despite rising costs, the brand has maintained affordable mainstream pricing so far.
Price Range Across Different Brands
After Dark has one of the most competitive pricing among premium Indian whisky brands in Punjab. Here’s a look at how its prices compare with other popular brands available in the state:
|Standard Variant Price (750ml)
|Premium Variant Price (750ml)
|₹700 – ₹800
|₹1,300 – ₹1,500
|₹1,050 – ₹1,150
|₹1,600 – ₹1,800
|₹400 – ₹500
|₹325 – ₹400
|Blender’s Pride Reserve Collection
|₹5,500 – ₹7,000
|Chivas Regal 12 Year Old
|₹4,500 – ₹5,000
|The Glenlivet 12-Year-Old
|₹6,500 – ₹7,500
As you can see, After Dark is affordably priced compared to other Indian premium whiskies like Blenders Pride. It also undercuts most comparable Scotch whiskies by a huge margin. Hence, it offers excellent value for money, especially for premium-aged variants like Select Cask and 12-Year-Old.
Best Places to Buy After Dark in Punjab
Here are some of the best places to buy After Dark whisky in Punjab:
- Chandigarh: The urban liquor vends in Chandigarh offer a wide range of After Dark variants. Swiggy and Zomato also deliver.
- Ludhiana: Head to upmarket liquor stores in Ghumar Mandi such as Vegas Liquors for premium-aged offerings.
- Amritsar: Check out stores near Golden Temple or malls like Alpha One Mall for After Dark’s full range.
- Patiala: The posh markets of Patiala like Mall Road have premium liquor stores selling After Dark.
- Airport Duty-Free: After Dark is available at attractive duty-free rates at Punjab’s airports in Chandigarh and Amritsar.
- Online: Modern retail websites like Living Liquidz and HipBar deliver After Dark in Punjab’s major cities.
Premium expressions like 12-Year-Old and Select Cask may not be easily available at every local store. For aged variants, visit premium liquor chains or duty-free.
How to Find the Best Deals
Here are some tips to get the best deals on After Dark whisky in Punjab:
- Time your purchase around festive seasons and special occasions when discounts are offered.
- Register on online liquor stores to avail of first-buyer discounts and sale notifications directly through email/SMS.
- Buy larger pack sizes like 1-liter bottles which offer better value than 375ml packs.
- Look out for limited-period price cuts offered in newspapers and promotional pamphlets.
- Purchase when moving to a lower tax slab state like Delhi to save significantly.
- Avoid buying at bars, restaurants, and clubs as they charge higher markups. Purchase from regular liquor shops.
- See if you can find anyone traveling duty-free at airports to get the cheapest pricing.
So look out for special promotions, buy from the right stores, and consider large volumes to maximize the savings on your After Dark whisky bottles.
After Dark continues to be the whisky of choice for many in Punjab thanks to its taste, quality, and affordable pricing. As a leading brand, it offers a range of variants at different price points. For 2023, moderate price increases are likely for aged expressions, while mainstream ones should remain stable barring tax changes. Discerning drinkers can continue enjoying this fine Indian whisky without burning a hole in their pocket.