Goa, the tropical paradise on India’s west coast, is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches, nightlife, and laidback atmosphere. While feni is Goa’s signature alcoholic drink, imported whiskies like Cutty Sark are also quite popular, especially among tourists.
In this article, we will look at the latest Cutty Sark whisky prices in Goa for 2023.
Overview of Cutty Sark Whisky
Cutty Sark is a blended Scotch whisky produced by Edrington Group plc, one of the largest spirits companies in the world. It was created in 1923 and named after the famous tea clipper ship Cutty Sark.
Some key facts about Cutty Sark whisky:
- It contains malt and grain whiskies from the Speyside region of Scotland.
- The blend contains up to 20 different whiskies aged for at least 3 years in oak casks.
- It has notes of dried fruits, toasted oak, vanilla, and citrus.
- Cutty Sark has an alcohol content of 40% ABV (80 proof).
- It’s an affordable and smooth blended Scotch suitable for mixing cocktails or drinking neat/on the rocks.
Cutty Sark is one of the top-selling blended Scotch brands in India and many other markets globally.
Cutty Sark Prices in Goa (2023)
Here are the latest Cutty Sark whisky prices at shops, bars, and restaurants in Goa as of 2023:
The above prices are the retail prices you can expect to pay when purchasing a full, unopened bottle of Cutty Sark from a wine shop or liquor store in Goa.
Price in Bars/Restaurants
If you want to drink Cutty Sark at bars and restaurants in Goa, you can expect to pay a higher price per serve compared to buying a full bottle.
Here are typical serving prices of Cutty Sark whisky in Goa bars/restaurants:
- Cutty Sark 30 ml serve: ₹120-150
- Cutty Sark 60 ml serve: ₹200-250
- Cutty Sark 90 ml serve: ₹300-350
So you’ll easily pay 2-3 times the retail bottle price per serve! It’s always cheaper to buy a full bottle if you plan on having more than 2-3 drinks.
Factors Affecting Cutty Sark Prices in Goa
The prices of imported alcohol like Cutty Sark whisky in Goa depend on several factors:
- Taxes: Goa levies heavy taxes on imported liquor which significantly increases retail prices. This includes import duties, excise duty, VAT, etc. Almost 50-60% of the retail price is taxes!
- Location: Prices are higher at bars/restaurants located in premium tourist spots compared to local shops. Rates vary across North and South Goa too.
- Season: During peak tourism season, demand goes up and so do liquor rates in bars/restaurants. Best to buy from stores.
- Wholesalers & Retailers Margins: Distributors, wholesalers, and retailers add their margins too impacting the final price.
- Dollar vs Rupee: Since Cutty Sark is imported, currency exchange rates also affect landed costs and pricing.
- Source/Seller Reputation: Prices can vary based on where you buy from – reputed retailers, duty-free shops, etc.
So keep the above factors in mind when purchasing Cutty Sark whisky in Goa to get the best deal.
Where to Buy Cutty Sark in Goa?
Here are some of the best places to buy authentic Cutty Sark whisky bottles at reasonable rates in Goa:
- Wine Shops: Locally-owned wine shops sell Cutty Sark at MRP rates. They offer the cheapest prices compared to other options.
- Goa Miles: Goa Miles liquor stores located across the state sell quality imported alcohol at discounted prices due to lower overheads.
- Duty-Free Shops: At Goa airport duty-free shops, you can buy Cutty Sark bottles before flying out at more affordable rates.
- Hotels & Resorts: Many premium hotels and resorts in Goa offer competitive pricing on imported liquor for their guests.
- Online: Use online alcohol delivery platforms like HipBar to order Cutty Sark whisky to your home at fairly reasonable prices.
So compare prices across these options and buy Cutty Sark from the retailer offering the best deal. Avoid buying from unauthorized sellers or shops selling counterfeit liquor.
Price Comparison With Other Popular Brands
Here’s a quick price comparison of Cutty Sark (750ml) with other premium whisky brands available in Goa:
|Johnnie Walker Red Label
|Johnnie Walker Black Label
|Chivas Regal 12 YO
|Glenfiddich 12 YO
So Cutty Sark offers good value as a smooth, easy-drinking Scotch whisky compared to both cheaper and pricier options. It’s affordable for regular drinking.
Is Buying Cutty Sark in Goa Worth It?
For whisky lovers visiting Goa, buying a bottle (or two) of Cutty Sark is certainly worth considering. Here are some key reasons why:
- Smooth Taste: Cutty Sark offers a gentle, smooth taste that works well with Goa’s tropical climate. Easy to drink by itself or in cocktails.
- Brand Authenticity: It’s an original Scottish blend, not an Indian copy, so you get quality authentic whisky.
- Affordable Pricing: In terms of value, Cutty Sark is very competitively priced vis-a-vis single malts.
- Easy Availability: Cutty Sark is easily available across wine shops and stores in Goa.
- Versatile: Use Cutty Sark to make classic whisky cocktails like Whisky Sour or Whisky Cola.
- Memorable Souvenir: A Cutty Sark bottle makes for an ideal souvenir or gift from your Goa trip.
So if you’re looking for an easy-drinking, value-for-money Scotch, buying Cutty Sark in Goa is certainly recommended. Enjoy it responsibly!
I hope this detailed guide gives you a good overview of Cutty Sark whisky price points in Goa this year. Prices range from ₹120-150 for a 30ml serve in bars to ₹1,220 for a 750ml bottle in local stores. Compare prices at different retailers and buy it where you get the best deal. And enjoy sipping this classic affordable Scotch with a view of the sea during your Goa holiday!
Rates of Other Whisky Brands In Goa