Jim Beam is one of the most popular whiskey brands in India and Goa. As a whiskey connoisseur and expert on liquor prices in Goa, I’m often asked about the latest Jim Beam whiskey rates in the state. So I decided to put together this 2023 updated price list for Jim Beam whiskey in Goa, to help fellow whiskey lovers get the best deals.
An Overview of Jim Beam Whiskey
For those unfamiliar with the brand, Jim Beam is a Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey produced by Beam Suntory. It’s one of the best-selling whiskeys in the world and is known for its smooth, mellow taste profile with hints of spice, vanilla, and caramel.
Jim Beam whiskey comes in different ages and expressions. The standard Jim Beam White Label is aged for 4 years. More premium offerings like Jim Beam Black Extra Aged Bourbon are aged for 8 years. There are also flavored variants like Apple, Honey, Maple, etc.
In India, Jim Beam is available in most liquor stores, bars, and pubs as it’s gained massive popularity over the years. Let’s take a look at the latest Jim Beam whiskey prices in Goa.
Jim Beam Whisky Prices In Goa (2022)
Here are the current prices of Jim Beam whiskey in Goa as of August 2023:
|Brand + Volume
|Cost of (50ml) Jim Beam Whisky
|Cost of (180ml) Jim Beam Whisky
|Cost of (750ml) Jim Beam Whisky
The above prices are average market rates that may vary slightly across different stores and locations in Goa. Taxes and duties also impact the retail price.
Factors Affecting Jim Beam Whisky Prices in Goa
There are several factors that influence the pricing of Jim Beam and other imported whiskey brands in Goa:
- Import duties – All imported alcohol attracts high import duties which impacts the end consumer price. Jim Beam whiskeys have to pay 150% import duty in India.
- Supply chain costs – Transporting the whiskey from the distillery to warehouses and retail shelves in Goa adds to costs.
- Taxes – Alcohol is highly taxed in India. Goa charges 48% excise duty plus 30% additional excise fee on imported liquors like Jim Beam.
- Location – Rates are higher at premium hotels, resorts, clubs and liquor stores in popular tourist spots. Local shops in villages and towns will be cheaper.
- Seasonal demand – Prices surge during peak tourist season from November to February when demand is very high. Off-season will see lower rates.
Price Comparison With Other States
If we compare Goa Jim Beam whiskey rates with other major states, we see that Goa is marginally cheaper than most places. Below are indicative prices of 750ml Jim Beam bottles in different states:
- Goa – ₹1420
- Maharashtra – ₹1600
- Karnataka – ₹1450
- Kerala – ₹1500
- Delhi – ₹1650
The slightly lower liquor rates give Goa an edge. But there are daily fluctuations so it’s best to scout for the best deals.
Tips to Get the Best Deals on Jim Beam in Goa
Here are my top tips for getting good discounts and offers on Jim Beam whiskey in Goa:
- Look for special discounts or ‘Buy One Get One’ deals in liquor shops.
- Purchase during off-season months from April to October.
- Buy from small local shops instead of premium hotels and restaurants.
- Opt for cheaper brands like Jim Beam White over pricier variants.
- Buy larger 1-liter bottles which offer more value for money.
- Keep an eye out for duty-free prices at Goa airport.
Where to Buy Jim Beam Whiskey in Goa?
Here are some of the best places to get original Jim Beam whiskey bottles in Goa:
- Local wine shops in Panjim, Calangute, Baga, Candolim, Anjuna etc.
- Large liquor chains like John Distilleries.
- Goa Miles and Tonico liquor stores.
- Duty-free shops at Dabolim Airport.
- High-end resorts and beach shacks in North Goa.
I hope this detailed guide to Jim Beam whiskey rates in Goa for 2023 helps you find the best prices and deals. Feel free to reach out if you need any other Goa liquor price information. Drink responsibly and savor your glass of fine bourbon!
Rates of Other Whisky Brands In Goa