Kerala, located in the southern part of India, is known for its beautiful backwaters, lush greenery, and delicious cuisine. Along with this, Kerala is also home to a vibrant drinking culture, with liquor brands from across India readily available. One popular whisky brand in Kerala is Signature Whisky, which has a good presence across the state. In this article, we will look at the latest Signature Whisky price in Kerala in 2023.
Overview of Signature Whisky
Signature Whisky is an Indian whisky brand owned by Allied Blenders and Distillers (ABD), one of the largest spirit manufacturers in India. It is produced at their distillery located in Assam.
Signature Whisky was launched in 1993 and aimed to capture the premium whisky market in India. It is marketed as a high-quality blend made from imported Scottish malt and Indian grain spirits. Over the years, Signature has established itself as a popular whisky brand in India.
Some key features of Signature Whisky:
- Smooth taste with hints of oak and vanilla
- Aged for a minimum of 5 years in oak barrels
- No artificial flavors added
- Higher malt content compared to other whisky brands in its price segment
- Available in different variants like Rare Aged, Select, Presidential, etc.
In Kerala, Signature Whisky is widely available across liquor vends in 180ml, 375ml, 750ml, and 1 liter packs. It’s a popular choice among whisky drinkers thanks to competitive pricing and consistent taste. Now let’s look at the latest Signature Whisky price in Kerala in 2023.
Signature Whisky Price in Kerala 2023
Here are the latest Signature Whisky prices in Kerala for different pack sizes:
|Signature Whisky Price
The above prices are revised as of January 2023 and may vary slightly across different parts of Kerala. Taxes levied on liquor in Kerala also influence the retail price.
Compared to other states, the Signature Whisky price in Kerala is moderately higher due to the higher excise duty. However, it still offers good value for money for regular whisky consumers.
Some key aspects regarding Signature Whisky pricing in Kerala:
- No big price fluctuations seen in the past year
- Prices remain consistent across most liquor shops
- Small differences in MRP possible across districts
- Taxes account for a major chunk of retail price (around 125% of base price)
Overall, Signature Whisky is competitively priced in the Kerala market considering its quality and taste. It’s not the cheapest whisky available but strikes a good balance between affordability and premium positioning.
Signature Rare Aged Whisky Price in Kerala
Along with the regular Signature Whisky, Allied Blenders & Distillers also offer a rare aged variant in Kerala. As the name suggests, Signature Rare Aged Whisky is aged for longer in oak barrels to allow deeper maturation and flavoring.
Here are the latest Signature Rare Aged Whisky prices in Kerala:
|Signature Rare Aged Whisky Price
The Rare Aged variant commands a premium of around 10-15% over regular Signature Whisky prices. It is targeted towards seasoned whisky drinkers who prefer deeper, more complex flavors.
The maturation period for Signature Rare Aged is not disclosed by ABD but it is estimated to be 8-12 years or more. This longer aging results in a rich golden color along with a smooth and mellow taste profile.
Some prominent tasting notes of Signature Rare Aged whisky:
- Strong oak wood flavors
- Vanilla, butterscotch, and honey notes
- Well-rounded mouthfeel and finish
- Peppery spiciness and a hint of dried fruits
- Long lingering aftertaste
For whisky connoisseurs, Signature Rare Aged offers a great value single malt-like experience at an affordable price point. It expands Signature’s portfolio for premium whisky drinkers in Kerala.
Factors Affecting Signature Whisky Prices in Kerala
Signature Whisky prices in Kerala are influenced by several factors:
Taxes: Excise duty, GST, import duties, etc. imposed on liquor significantly impact retail prices. Kerala has one of the highest tax rates on alcohol leading to higher prices.
Input Costs: Rising costs of raw materials like grain, and price fluctuations of imported Scottish malt can affect supply chain costs. Transportation, bottling, and distribution expenses also play a role.
Brand Positioning: Signature positions itself as an aspirational premium whisky brand. This allows ABD to price it higher than mass-market whisky brands.
Competitor Pricing: Prices of comparable whisky brands like McDowell’s No.1, Royal Stag, etc. influence Signature’s pricing strategy.
Demand and Supply: Consumption trends, demand fluctuations due to tourism, festivals, etc., and production capacity influence price stability.
Government Policies: Sudden policy changes related to excise duty, import restrictions, etc. can create pricing volatility.
Price Trends Over The Last 5 Years
Over the past 5 years, Signature Whisky prices in Kerala have remained relatively stable with minor fluctuations seen occasionally. Here are the price trends:
- 2018 – Marginal price increase of 4-5%
- 2019 – No major price changes
- 2020 – Reduction of around 8-10% due to Covid lockdowns affecting demand
- 2021 – Gradual increase to pre-Covid levels
- 2022 – Further upward price revision of 10-12%
The current prices are the highest in the last 5 years. But the price hike has been gradual without any sudden spikes. This indicates a balanced pricing strategy by ABD.
Going forward, industry experts predict relatively stable Signature Whisky prices in Kerala. No big fluctuations are expected unless there are major regulatory changes or input cost escalations. Branded liquor is set to get costlier in Kerala but the hike is likely to be gradual.
How to Buy Signature Whisky at Best Price?
Here are some tips to buy Signature Whisky at the best price in Kerala:
- Check MRP at multiple shops before buying as prices can vary slightly across stores.
- Purchase during ongoing offers, promotions, and festive sales when discounts may be available.
- Buying larger pack sizes like 1-liter bottles is economical on a per ml basis.
- Online liquor stores will have limited offers but the convenience of home delivery.
- Avoid airport liquor shops which usually charge higher prices.
- Look for shops selling new stock which may be aggressively priced to attract sales.
- Buying directly from distributors can sometimes get you a lower rate for bulk purchases.
- Ensure you check batch manufacturing and expiry dates before purchasing.
So in summary, do some research, compare prices across options, and buy larger packs during the sale period to maximize savings on Signature Whisky in Kerala!
Future Price Outlook
In 2023, Signature Whisky prices in Kerala are expected to remain broadly steady. Minor price revisions may happen but no large fluctuations are foreseen.
Some factors that may influence pricing in the future:
- Input costs and supply chain stability post-pandemic
- GST council decisions regarding taxes on liquor
- Kerala government’s policy on excise duty hikes
- Growth of the premium whisky market in India
- Competitor pricing dynamics in the value premium segment
- Tourism and festive season demand swings
Overall, Signature Whisky is anticipated to retain its positioning as an affordable premium whisky brand in Kerala. Its prices should continue to offer value for money for regular whisky consumers in the state.
Signature Whisky has carved a niche for itself in Kerala’s vibrant alcohol market. It strikes a fine balance between affordability and quality that appeals to the local consumer base. The taste profile and brand image also resonate well with Kerala’s whisky-drinking culture. Moving forward, stable long-term pricing, packaging innovations, and smart marketing will be key for Signature to consolidate its position in the state further. This article presented a detailed overview of the current Signature Whisky price list in Kerala along with insights into pricing trends, strategies, and market outlook. Hopefully, this provides helpful guidance to whisky buyers in Kerala looking for the best deals. Cheers!