Sterling Reserve is one of the most popular premium whisky brands in India. It is owned and produced by Allied Blenders and Distillers (ABD), one of the largest spirit manufacturers in the country. The Sterling Reserve range includes expressions like Sterling Reserve B7, a 7-year-old blended whisky.
Haryana is one of the biggest markets for alcohol brands in India. With a population of over 25 million and rising incomes, the demand for premium spirits like whisky is quite high in the state. In this article, we will look at the latest Sterling Reserve B7 price list in Haryana in 2023.
Overview of Sterling Reserve B7 Whisky
Sterling Reserve B7 is part of the core Sterling Reserve range which includes 10-year-old, 12-year-old, and 15-year-old expressions. It is a blend of 7-year-old malts and grain spirits.
Some key features of Sterling Reserve B7:
- Aged for a minimum of 7 years in oak barrels
- Smooth blend with hints of vanilla, fruit, and nuts
- Medium-bodied with a balanced flavor profile
- Blended and bottled in India
- Produced at ABD’s distillery in Maharashtra
Sterling Reserve 7-year-old has received various awards and accolades including gold medals at numerous spirits competitions. It is marketed as a premium whisky blended for the Indian palate and climate conditions.
Sterling Reserve B7 Price in Haryana 2023
Here is an overview of the latest Sterling Reserve B7 price list in Haryana state for 2023:
|Price in Haryana
|Sterling Reserve B7
|Sterling Reserve B7
|Sterling Reserve B7
|Sterling Reserve B7
The above prices are revised maximum retail prices (MRP) inclusive of all taxes. Price may vary between ₹820 – ₹900 for a 750 ml bottle based on location and retail store.
Factors Affecting Pricing
The pricing of alcohol like whisky in Haryana depends on factors like:
Taxes: Special excise duties and GST rates determine the tax component of the MRP. Over 60% of the bottle price is taxes.
Import Fees: For imported spirits like single malts, import duties, and freight charges impact the pricing. But Sterling Reserve is made in India.
Raw Materials: Malt and grain prices as well as costs of packaging materials like glass impact the product costs.
Supplier Margins: Distributors and retailers enjoy trade margins, usually 10% – 20% of retail price.
Market Dynamics: Demand-supply equilibrium, competition from brands, running promotions etc. affect the price.
Government Regulations: State alcohol pricing policies, minimum pricing, price caps etc. influence the retail price.
City-wise Price Comparison
Here is a comparison of Sterling Reserve B7’s 750 ml bottle price across some major cities of Haryana:
- Gurugram: ₹850 – ₹900
- Faridabad: ₹840 – ₹890
- Hisar: ₹820 – ₹870
- Panipat: ₹830 – ₹880
- Rohtak: ₹840 – ₹890
- Karnal: ₹850 – ₹900
As you can see, prices are similar across most cities with minor variations. Taxes are the same statewide, so the price difference is generally due to local market dynamics.
Price Trend Analysis
The price of Sterling Reserve B7 in Haryana has gradually increased over the past few years in line with inflation and the rise in input costs. Here’s a short price trend analysis:
- 2020: ₹750 (750 ml bottle)
- 2021: ₹780
- 2022: ₹820
- 2023: ₹850
The current MRP of ₹850 has gone up by around 13% compared to 2020 levels. However, the brand offers good value compared to other similarly aged blends from major companies.
Factors Driving Demand in Haryana
Some of the key factors driving demand and consumption of premium whisky like Sterling Reserve B7 in the Haryana market:
Rising Incomes and Aspiration
As per IBEF, Haryana’s per capita income is estimated to be around ₹265,167 in 2020-21. The high per capita income results in higher spending capacity on lifestyle products. More consumers are evolving from regular to premium whisky, boosting demand for brands like Sterling Reserve.
Haryana is India’s 3rd most urbanized state with nearly half its population living in towns and cities. Urban consumers have easier access to liquor stores and higher purchasing power.
Domestic and international tourism is growing in the state driven by Delhi airport transit, corporate hubs like Gurugram, and improved connectivity. More hotels, bars and restaurants are stocking premium liquor to target affluent tourists.
Over 57% of Haryana’s population is aged between 18-59 years. The younger legal drinking age population is inclined towards aspirational brands compared to older consumers.
Occasions and Gifting
Whisky is a popular alcohol gifting option during festive occasions. Sterling Reserve’s premium branding makes it a preferred gifting choice among SEC A consumers. Corporates also gift premium liquor bottles to clients and employees.
Buying Guide – Sterling Reserve B7 in Haryana
Here are some tips for consumers when buying Sterling Reserve B7 bottles in Haryana:
- Always check MRP before purchasing as some outlets charge higher rates illegally. Carry ID proof.
- Purchase only from licensed and authorized liquor shops. Avoid illegal sources.
- Check the product bottle and packaging closely for any damage or tampering.
- Sterling Reserve has a distinct bottle shape and labeling. Look for the correct details.
- See the batch code, bottling date, and volume details on the label.
- Higher prices at bars, pubs, hotels, and airports due to higher taxes. Buy from retail shops for the best rates.
- Online delivery is not allowed in Haryana. Purchase only from offline liquor stores.
- Claim invoice for MRP rate and keep it as future reference.
Popular Cocktails and Uses
Sterling Reserve B7 whisky mixes well with various ingredients to make popular cocktails:
- Old Fashioned – Muddle sugar cube with bitters and water. Add ice and 60ml Sterling Reserve B7. Garnish with an orange twist.
- Manhattan – Stir 45ml Sterling Reserve B7 with 30ml sweet vermouth and a dash of bitters. Strain and garnish with cherry.
- Whisky Sour – Shake 60ml Sterling Reserve B7 with 30ml lemon juice and 15ml sugar syrup. Add ice and strain into the glass.
- Rob Roy – Mix equal parts Sterling Reserve B7 and sweet vermouth. Add a dash of Angostura bitters and stir with ice.
- Highball – Build 90ml Sterling Reserve B7 and top with ginger ale in a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.
It can also be enjoyed neat, on the rocks, or with water. The smooth taste profile suits Indian taste preferences. Use in whisky-based punches for parties.
Future Outlook for Premium Whisky in Haryana
The premium whisky segment in Haryana is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 15% during 2022 – 2025 as per estimates. Here is an outlook on factors that will drive growth:
- Rising urbanization and disposable incomes even in smaller towns of the state
- Increase in modern retail formats like hypermarkets improving product availability
- Launch of more premium blends across price points by major brands
- Evolving consumer tastes and awareness about premium spirits
- Whisky emergence as a popular gifting choice for various occasions
- Tourism and hospitality sector expansion in the state
- Favorable demographics with a larger legal drinking age population
Sterling Reserve B7 is well-positioned to tap this opportunity with its competitive pricing, award-winning quality, and smart branding. ABD is ramping up distribution penetration for the brand across Haryana. Backed by growing demand, the future outlook for the premium whisky segment in Haryana remains robust.
The moderate pricing, smooth taste, and premium brand image make Sterling Reserve B7 an attractive proposition for whisky lovers and new consumers in Haryana. With rising demand from urban centers as well as smaller towns aided by growing incomes and evolving tastes, its popularity is set to increase further. However, consumers must always enjoy their drink responsibly. We hope this updated price list for 2023 and buying guide helps you make an informed purchase decision for Sterling Reserve B7 in Haryana.