Teachers is one of the most popular blended Scotch whiskies in India. Known for its smooth, easy-drinking taste profile, Teachers offers great value for money and is an affordable luxury for whisky lovers in Mumbai.
In this article, we will look at the latest Teachers’ whisky price list in Mumbai for 2023. We will cover prices for different bottle sizes of standard Teachers whisky along with premium expressions like Teachers 50, Highland Cream, and Origin.
An Overview of Teachers’ Whisky
Teachers are produced by Beam Suntory at the Teacher’s Highland Cream distillery in the Scottish Highlands. It was originally created in the 1880s by the Teacher brothers and has a history of over 130 years.
The teacher is a blend of around 40 different malt and grain Scotch whiskies aged for up to 12 years in oak casks. The core range includes Teachers Original blended whisky along with premium variants like Teachers 50, Teachers Highland Cream, and Teachers Origin.
Some key features of Teachers whisky:
- Smooth taste – Well-balanced and easy-drinking flavor profile with notes of fruit, honey, and malt.
- Affordable price – Good value for money compared to other Scotch whisky brands.
- Versatile – Works well neat, on the rocks, or in cocktails.
- Award-winning – Teachers has won several accolades at whisky awards over the years.
Teachers Whisky Price in Mumbai (Updated 2023)
Here is the latest Teachers whisky price list in Mumbai for all commonly available bottle sizes:
|Brand + Volume
|Cost of (180ml) Teachers Whisky
|Cost of (180ml) Teachers 50 Years Whisky
|Cost of (375ml) Teachers Whisky
|Cost of (375ml) Teachers 50 Years Whisky
|Cost of (750ml) Teachers Whisky
|Cost of (750ml) Teachers 50 Years Whisky
|Cost of (750ml) Teachers Highland Cream Whisky
|Cost of (750ml) Teachers Origin Whisky
|Cost of (1000ml/1Ltr) Teachers Whisky
|Cost of (1000ml/1Ltr) Teachers 50 Years Whisky
|Cost of (1000ml/1Ltr) Teachers Highland Cream Whisky
|Cost of (1000ml/1Ltr) Teachers Origin Whisky
As you can see from the price list, Teachers Whisky is very reasonably priced in Mumbai. The starting price for the 180ml bottle is ₹625 while a standard 750ml Teachers whisky bottle will cost around ₹2500.
The premium Teachers’ expressions like the 50 Years, Highland Cream, and Origin are priced slightly higher but still offer good value. For example, a 750ml Teachers 50 Years bottle costs ₹3080.
The bigger 1-litre bottles offer even better value at under ₹3000 for Original and Highland Cream variants. The premium 1 litre bottles are priced between ₹3850 to ₹3920 which is comparatively affordable for a high-quality Scotch.
Factors Affecting Teacher’s Whisky Prices in Mumbai
Some of the main factors that influence Teachers whisky prices in Mumbai are:
- Taxes – Import duties, excise taxes, VAT, and other levies imposed by the government make up a major chunk of the retail price. Taxes on imported alcohol are very high in Maharashtra.
- Import Costs – Transportation, logistics and import expenses also add to the cost. Teachers are imported from Scotland.
- Supplier Margins – Each supplier in the supply chain adds their own profit margins which increase retail prices.
- Location – Whisky prices can vary across different areas, shops, and retail stores in Mumbai.
- Branding – Premium and aged expressions like Teachers 50 are priced higher than the Original.
- Volume – Larger bottle sizes (1 liter) offer better value compared to smaller 180ml or 375ml bottles.
Price Comparison of Teachers with Other Popular Whisky Brands
Here is a price comparison of Teachers whisky versus other popular whisky brands in Mumbai for a 750ml bottle:
|Johnnie Walker Red Label
|Johnnie Walker Black Label
|Glenfiddich 12 Years
|Chivas Regal 12 Years
|Jameson Irish Whiskey
|Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
As you can see, Teachers offers the best value amongst globally popular whisky brands. It is around ₹300 cheaper than entry-level blends like JW Red and also competes well with bourbons like Jack Daniel’s.
The only less expensive option is the local branded whisky (IMFL) which can retail for under ₹1000 in Mumbai. But the taste and quality of Teachers is far superior making it worth the extra cost.
Where to Buy Teachers Whisky in Mumbai?
Here are some of the best places to buy original Teachers whisky bottles in Mumbai:
- Premium liquor stores – High-end alco-bev stores like Wine Park, Living Liquidz, and HipBar stock the full Teachers range.
- Online – Major alcohol delivery apps like HipBar and Living Liquidz sell Teachers’ whisky online.
- Duty-free shops – Mumbai International Airport duty-free shops have competitive rates on Teachers’ bottles.
- Bars/Restaurants – Many premium bars stock Teachers whisky which can be purchased at MRP rates.
- Supermarkets – Big Basket, Nature’s Basket, etc have a limited selection but prices are reasonable.
To conclude, Teachers continues to be an affordable yet quality blended Scotch whisky brand in Mumbai. For whisky lovers looking for a smooth, easy-drinking taste on a budget, Teachers Original and its variants are an excellent choice.
The price range of ₹2500-4000 for a 750ml bottle is quite attractive compared to other big whisky brands. Larger 1-litre bottles offer even better value. Online delivery platforms and duty-free shops can help you get the best deals on Teachers’ whisky in Mumbai.
Rates of Other Whisky Brands In Mumbai