Woodburns is one of the most popular whisky brands in India, loved for its smooth taste and affordable prices. As a whisky connoisseur living in Goa, I often get asked about the latest Woodburn whisky rates in the state. So I decided to put together this 2023 updated price list for Woodburns whisky in Goa, to help fellow whiskey lovers get the best deals.
An Overview of Woodburns Whisky
For those unfamiliar with the brand, Woodburns is an Indian whisky manufactured by Tilaknagar Industries Ltd. It was launched in 1965 and is currently one of the largest-selling whisky brands in the country.
Woodburn’s whisky is crafted from Indian grain spirits that are aged in oak barrels for a minimum of 3 years. This aging process gives the whisky its distinct smooth taste and woody aroma. It has notes of vanilla, butterscotch, and a hint of oak smoke.
Woodburns is available in different bottle volumes, from 180 ml to 750 ml. The most popular ones are the 750ml pack priced economically for the Indian market. It is an affordable whisky brand preferred by many who enjoy light-bodied, easy-drinking whisky.
Now let’s take a look at the latest Woodburn whisky prices in Goa as of 2023.
Woodburns Whisky Rates in Goa (2023)
Here are the current prices of Woodburn’s whisky in Goa across different bottle volumes:
|Price in Goa
The above prices are indicative prices in retail shops and may vary slightly across different stores. The 750ml pack is the most popular volume for Woodburn’s whisky, priced at ₹1500 in Goa as of 2023.
Compared to other states, the prices of IMFL (Indian Made Foreign Liquor) are slightly higher in Goa due to inter-state excise duty and transportation costs. However, Goa also offers lower taxes on alcohol purchased from liquor stores compared to restaurants and hotels.
Price Comparison With Other Popular Brands
Here’s how Woodburn whisky prices compare with other famous whisky brands in Goa for a 750ml bottle:
As you can see, Woodburns is very competitively priced against premium Indian whisky brands like Haywards and is significantly cheaper than imported scotch whiskies which can cost ₹2000-₹5000 in Goa.
This affordable pricing along with its easy drinkability makes Woodburns a value-for-money whisky choice for regular consumption. It’s a popular house-party whisky in Goa.
Where to Buy Woodburns Whisky in Goa?
Here are some of the best places to buy Woodburn’s whisky in Goa:
- Government-run retail liquor stores – You can find all the popular whisky brands including Woodburns at Karnataka State Beverages Corporation Limited (KSBC) shops in Goa. They offer authentic liquors at MRP rates.
- Supermarkets – Many supermarkets like Vishal Mega Mart sell various whisky brands. However, they may charge a small premium over MRP.
- Duty-free shops at airports – You can find Woodburns at attractive rates at Goa’s Dabolim airport duty-free shops. Perfect for taking a few bottles back home!
- Local wine shops – Check popular local wine shops in your area in Goa for availability. They may offer discounts if you buy in bulk.
- Online – Leading online portals like HipBar, and Living Liquidz sell Woodburn’s whisky online in Goa. Order from the comforts of home!
So head out to these places and grab your favorite Woodburns whisky at the best price in Goa! Let me know in the comments if you find any other good deals on Woodburns. Cheers!
Rates of Other Whisky Brands In Goa